Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The bright and airy second floor in the Bloomingdale's wing.
- Coming soon: OroGold Cosmetics, Carmen Steffen shoes, Original Penguin and more.
- NYC's Martier is bringing its European-inspired boutique, salon and caffe to the Bloomingdale's wing.
- Shiny new tiling at the Glendale Galleria's second floor.
- Nordstrom left this space for the Americana at Brand next door.
- A view from the second floor.
- It might look quiet now, but just wait 'til Black Friday.
- The mall's third floor is getting a crazy-looking kid's restaurant, aptly titled Giggles 'N' Hugs.
- The third floor's getting Tokyo Japanese Lifestyle, Dioro Salon & Spa, Brooks Shoes for Kids and more.
- Yay, Earthbar!
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and Glendale Galleria is a lady on a vengeance. Though Nordstrom may have dumped the brown-bricked behemoth for the prettier, younger Americana at Brand next door, the 37-year-old shopping center's looking mighty good for her age thanks to that major makeover going down right this minute. We recently paid an intel-gathering visit to the massive mall to check up on the state of things.
As promised, the ages-old carpeting has been swapped out with shiny black and white tile flooring (word to the wise: wear non-slip heels) and giant silver letters spelling the mall's name now stand tall at the Central entrance; still to come is that swanky marble facade and more big-time upgrades. In addition to scoring a 120,000-square-foot Bloomingdale's (November 8th, folks!) and JustFab's first brick-and-mortar shop, the giant mall's also adding a slew of new stores and more to its directory.
From preppy swimwear brand Vilebrequin and Japanese streetwear line Superdry to luxe labels like Gucci and Louis Vuitton (both will live in Bloomie's), we've rounded up the most noteworthy names slated to land at the Galleria in the coming months.
Coming soon to the Glendale Galleria:
· BCBG Max Azria
· Bhindi Jewelers
· Carmen Steffens
· Dioro Salon & Spa
· Gucci at Bloomingdale's
· 'lette macarons
· Lolli and Pops
· Louis Vuitton at Bloomingdale's
· Martier Boutique, Salon & Spa and Caffe
· Original Penguin
· OroGold Cosmetics
· Porsche Design
· Silver Jeans Co.
· Tag Heuer
· Tokyo Japanese Lifestyle
Stoked for the new and improved Glendale Galleria? See their complete directory (including current stores) here.
· Glendale Galleria [Official Site]
· Glendale Galleria to Get a Bloomingdale's [Racked]
· Hard Work of Modernizing the Glendale Galleria Has Begun [Curbed]
· JustFab's Brick-and-Mortar Flagship Lands in Glendale Galleria [Racked]
· Hot Topic's Blackheart Lingerie To Sex Up the Glendale Galleria [Racked]