Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Nicole Richie (sporting a killer turtleneck Jean Paul Gaultier maxi dress) and celebrity stylist Cher Coulter.
- Models do their thing in the Americana trolley.
- Jamie, Erik and Blake Nordstrom with Nicole Richie.
- Nordstrom's entrance at Americana at Brand.
- The crowd of shoppers at Nordstrom's charity gala.
- Non-live mannequins.
- DJ Posso got the crowd dancing.
- DJ Posso's snap-worthy over-the-knee boots.
- The live models in front of Topshop on the second floor.
- Brittnee Holmquist, Nordstrom
- We want all these sunnies.
- The models did a pretty good not-impressed impression.
- The fabulously fierce Dr. Marguerite Marsh, psychotherapist.
- White sangria from the drink cart.
- The #NordstromGlendale digital hashtag board.
- Melanie Boettcher, charity volunteer.
- The Topshop in Nordstrom!
- Jewelry designer Anita K. and fashion designer Arlen K.
- The too-adorbs kid's department.
- A guest shops the goods at the shoe department.
- The single-serving sweets were a big hit.
- View from the third floor.
- Guests at Nordstrom's charity gala.
- A seafood trio of oyster shooters, ahi sushi and hamachi sashimi.
- The drink cart serving white sangria and champagne was definitely a crowd pleaser.
Though the Americana at Brand's new Nordstrom doesn't officially open its doors until this Friday, LA's style set and department store devotees got a sneak peek of the massive three-story, 135,000-square-foot space's makeover last night. Joining the 1,000 sharply-dressed shoppers at the grand gala were shopping mall mogul Rick Caruso & Co. (LA wouldn't be the same without him), fourth-generation Nordstroms Jamie, Erik and Blake; honorary chair and House of Harlow designer Nicole Richie, celebrity stylist Cher Coulter, fashion writer Melissa Magsaysay, interior designer and stylist Estee Stanley and more.
Inside the super bright white space, the two lovely ladies-slash-designers of DJ Posso (aka Vanessa Giovacchini and Marylouise Pels) blasted the danceable beats of Disclosure and more as guests gawked at the live mannequins sporting styles from Topshop, Rachel Zoe, 3.1 Phillip Lim and more luxe labels. There was no shortage of sips with the many drink carts stationed on each floor, and shoppers munched on a salivating selection of bite-sized comfort food, farm-to-table eats and delish desserts.
While other attendees wined and dined throughout the stylish settings of each department (sangria in the shoe section, sure!), others made a beeline for the beloved British boutique, which is also set to debut to the masses when the renovated Nordstrom opens to the public later this week.
The fancy philanthropic party raised over $100,000 for local non profits Hillsides, a Pasadena-based organization dedicated to helping at-risk kids and families, and Glendale-based Ascencia, whose mission is to end homelessness.
· Nordstrom [Official Site]
· Fête Americana at Brand's New Nordstrom with Nicole Richie [Racked]
· Topshop Headed to Americana at Brand's Nordstrom Next Month [Racked]