Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Just when we started missing Leandra Medine after last month's Superga collab launch in SaMo, the Man Repeller mastermind is back in town to promote yet another venture. This time its her debut tome, and she teamed up with fellow wordsmith and Barneys New York star Simon Doonan for a dual book-signing bash at the company's rebranded Grove digs.
In honor of both page-turners, we asked some of the event's most notable attendees one nostalgic Q: "What was the very first book you read, cover to cover?" It was a toughy for many, including Nasty Gal founder and soon-to-be author Sophia Amoruso (above), who almost went for Aesop's Fables before settling on Roald Dahl's The Big Friendly Giant.
Sophia's stylish roll dog Sophie Buhai, one half of cult-favorite bicoastal label Vena Cava, revealed an equally classic read. Catch picks from Medine, Doonan, two blogstars and one menswear hero below.
· Barneys New York [Official Site]
· No More Barneys Co-Op at The Grove Starting August 1st [Racked]
· Gents! Wittmore's First Permanent Store Opens on West 3rd [Racked]
· Sophia Amoruso's Book Deal; Cher Horowitz's Fake Instagram [Racked]
· Leandra Medine on Superga, Raw Food and Fashion Bloggers [Racked]