Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
From shilling drug tees to performing pop parodies, it's clear that Kitson will do anything to stay in the news. The trendy retailer's latest stunt involves their Fashion Island store, which just re-opened after a 5,500-square-foot facelift.
Besides showcasing a mini department store-like layout similar to their new Beverly Center digs, Kitson Fashion Island's main draw is its fitting room in the men's area. "We tried something different and converted the shell of a Porta Potty into a fantastic fashion experience," a Kitson rep tells us. "We imported our artist-in-residence and top producer Justin Niklaus to do the job!"
- Brian Lichtenberg's Homies and Boy London section
- Kids section
- Beth Mueller Newport Beach handmade mugs, $34.95; Sets of four coasters, $54
- Cat Studio hand-embroidered Orange County pillow, $158
- Dilascia Hello Newport kids tees, $28
- Dilascia Hello Newport men's tee, $38
- Sol Angeles mugs, $14.95; glasses, $9.95; candles, $14.95
Kitson Fashion Island is open Monday through Friday from 10am to 9pm, Saturday from 10am to 7pm, and Sunday from 11am to 6pm.
· Kitson [Official Site]
· Kitson Kicks Off Beverly Center Debut with Designer Drug Tees [Racked]
· Breaking! Blushington Beautifying Fashion Island This December [Racked]
· Exclusive: What to Expect at Kitson's LAX Tom Bradley Boutique [Racked]
· Kitson to Open Massive Shops at Beverly Center, Fashion Island [Racked]