Things are building up on Broadway, literally. With the Ace Hotel soon to open its doors, the horizon is also near for jewelry designer Tarina Tarantino's downtown Sparkle Factory. (Hooray!) We last heard the glittering venture was set to open this year, but DTLA blogger Brigham Yen reveals that prelim construction has begun and the factory's slated to open next summer.
As BY reports, Tarantino's crew will complete some major spring cleaning and restoration on the seven-story historic L.L. Burns Western Costume Company building by early 2014. The designer's retail boutique—which will sell limited-edition merch—and vendor spaces will take up the roughly 4,000-square-foot ground floor, while her HQ and production studio will occupy the building's top two levels.
In addition, the flagship will house an art gallery and studio on the second floor and the third to fifth floors will be opened up for office leasing. No word yet on whether those 60 new jobs have been filled.
· Sparkle Factory Flagship Store Opening Summer 2014 on Broadway in Downtown LA [BY]
· Tarina Tarantino Readying her Sparkle Factory in DTLA [Racked]
· Acne to Ross: Navigating DTLA's Booming Retail Scene [Racked]
· Tarina Tarantino's Sparkle Factory To Create 60 Full-Time Jobs [Racked]
· Tarina Tarantino Reimagines Sparkle Factory as LA Designer Hub [Racked]