LA designer Trina Turk's U.S. takeover continues, and that's just the beginning. Fresh off giving Malibu Barbie a wardrobe upgrade, the purveyor of vibrantly-hued prints is setting up shop in Manhattan Beach later this year, with 35 to 40 more boutiques around the country to follow over the next several years.
The Palm Springs-inspired brand is also breaking out of its desert persona and transitioning into a lifestyle label, Turk tells fashion trade pub WWD, starting with a more "fresh and neutral concept" for her stores. The designer also plans on rolling out her lower-priced line Trina Trina Turk next spring, plus handbags, fragrance and beauty by the time she celebrates her label's 20th anniversary in 2015. (Whoa!)
In addition, there's a possibility Turk's Third Street store may move to massive shopping spot The Grove. To top it all off, the brand has grand plans to open boutiques internationally. You go, girl.
· Trina Turk [Official Site]
· Trina Turk Expanding Offering, Store Count [WWD, sub req'd]
· See Nine Fashion Designers' Blockbuster LA Homes [Racked]
· Designer Trina Turk Fills Us In On Her DTLA Vintage Source [Racked]
· Sand, Surf and Prints: Trina Turk Makeovers Malibu Barbie [Racked]