Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Racked LA readers ready to ride.
- Warming up in the dark before the insane light show.
- Sweat fest success! Clover Juice brought us tasty juice to try after class.
- Our fearless leaders, Maurizio Pelone and Samantha Weinberg.
Besides getting butts into major shape, another key benefit of our Racked Fit Club events is the music. From Madonna and IO Echo mashups at Flywheel to Robin Thicke and Ellie Goulding beats at Physique 57, we've learned that behind every great workout is an even greater soundtrack. Last night's fourth RFC class—a Beyonce and Jay-Z themed ride at AuraCycle—was no exception.
After greeting all 40 riders to the sold-out event (seriously, y'all are awesome), Hottest Trainer 2013 finalist Maurizio Pelone led us to a dark studio where the psychedelic sweat fest would go down. He opened the class with Jay-Z and JT's "Holy Grail" and pretty much triggered an instant dance session. Co-leader Samantha Weinberg followed it up with Beyonce's sassy "Countdown," which activated the rave-like light show. Who knew perspiring like crazy could be this fun?
· AuraCycle [Official Site]
· Juice and Jam to Beyonce, Jay-Z at AuraCycle This Thursday [Racked]
· 2012's Hottest Trainer Kicked Our Butts at Physique 57 Bev Hills [Racked]