If you're a fan of Clare Vivier's signature single-striped foldover clutches, you probably already know the Echo Park-based designer's line was born from a homemade laptop bag back in her days working in French television. But did you know Vivier's first designer purchase was what you and I might call "mom jeans"?
The handbag designer 'fessed up to buying a pair of Gloria Vanderbilts—hey, we hear the trend is totally back—in her recent Coveteur profile, which also revealed Vivier's vintage-meets-modern style through photos of her cool Cali abode. Among the closet peeper's snaps are the usual creatively-positioned shoe shots (magenta Lanvins on the dinner table, Balenciagas on the stove, why not?), plus one killer Christian Lacroix jacket that Vivier found "crumpled up in a ball on the sidewalk in Hollywood."
See the rest of the bag maker's designer-laden wardrobe here.
· Clare Vivier [The Coveteur]
· Clare Vivier [Official Site]
· Where Clare Vivier Shops For Vintage in Echo Park [Racked]
· Colorful Bags Litter Clare Vivier's Airy Silver Lake Flagship [Racked]
· Do You Think This Gap Tote Looks "Inspired" By LA's Clare Vivier? [Racked]