Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
This week, we took a road trip to Sin City to catch the sartorial spectacle that is Magic Market Week. Instead of exploring style at one or two trade shows like we did last season and the year before that, this time around we hit up a whopping six exhibitions to highlight the very-hottest buys on the market right now.
In addition to visiting Magic's many trade shows at Mandalay Bay that included PROJECT, POOL, ENK and newcomer The Tents, we also stopped by the Venetian/Palazzo for Agenda and the highly-anticipated debut of Liberty Fairs, which just might be one of our favorite shows of the season. There we caught an impressive mix of vendors that ranged from daring to dapper, including Joyrich (we need that Keith Haring jacket, stat) and LA newbies TSAVO. See more show picks from our three-day jaunt below.
- Over at Liberty Fairs, Joyrich revealed its collab with iconic artist
- Another killer Joyrich collab: French graffiti artist Monsieur André, which we'll have to wait until next March to get our hands on.
- Also showcasing at Liberty Fairs was new LA label TSAVO. These vibrant dresses brought the party.
- This 'do on The Well's Shanacie McKee was too cool not to snap.
- A healthy snack at Liberty. Why can't every fashion convention have almond dispensers?
- Cult-favorite Cali surf label Jimmy'Z was on hand at Agenda. These caps were a big draw.
- Our next stop was the POOL Tradeshow, where we spotted Racked friend Mitra Khayyam of Blood is the New Black and her new lin
- We all know that Miley Cyrus loves platform sneakers, so we weren't surprised when Y.R.U. r
- Over at the ENK Women's trade show, Cotton Citizen showcased an array of cool basics in new washes and dyes.
- LA line Rails has officially designed our dream leather shorts.
- Jenny Lewis favorite Harlyn has mastered the art of adorable silk jumpers.
- We have Michael Stars to thank for our new obsession with neon knits.
- The perfect LWD (Little White Dress), courtesy of Merritt Charles.
- Over at Project, Soludos unveiled their genius collaboration with Aussie swimwear stars, We Are Handsome.
- Geometric baggage done right by Love+Made.
- Groceries' Yuet-Lin dress is named after their sewing specialist. Meet her in this adorable Insta-video.
- Celeb-favorite Melody Ehsani killed it with bold, gold accessories.
- Our final stop was at The Tents. LA's Aether designs outerwear that's sleek enough to wear indoors.
- Fresh off their Woodstock revival, the folks at Levi's Made & Craf
- The grand finale: printspirational men's kicks by Swear London.
· UNIF, Naven, Bleulab: 10 Hot Finds at PROJECT Las Vegas [Racked]
· Denim, Black Leather and Layers Ruled at Project in Vegas [Racked]
· 7 Cali Brands Spotted in That New Miley Cyrus Music Video [Racked]
· Liberty Fairs' Cool Concept Shop Headed to West 3rd Street [Racked]