Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Calm before the storm.
- Physique 57's arm-sculpting weight lifts just might allow us to wear a halter top this weekend.
- When Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" comes on, you dance.
- Racked LA editor Natalie Alcala strikes a pose with Physique 57's Katie Johnson.
- Nekter Juice Bar's colorful setup.
- A satisfied customer.
Last night's third Racked Fit Club event can be described in one word: ouch. 2012's Hottest Trainer winner Katie Johnson royally kicked our bums at Physique 57 Beverly Hills, easing the pain with colorful Nekter Juice Bar treats and party grooves from the likes of Robin Thicke and Ellie Goulding.
The crazy party? We loved every second of the torture—from the no-joke weight work to the gravity-defying leg lifts. In between huffing and puffing, the packed studio enjoyed tons of laughs and even a dance break mid-thigh-burner, thanks to Johnson's nonstop energy and nurturing style. Speaking of style, we wanted to steal everything the girl was wearing, which is available at her luxury fitness e-shop, Carbon 38.
Thanks to all who came through! Look out for the next RFC event soon and stay tuned for next week's Hottest Trainers 2013 contest kickoff—this year's contestants are especially sizzling.
· Physique 57 [Official Site]
· Lifting, Toning, Juicing: Racked LA Hits Pure Barre Hollywood [Racked]
· Sweating, Dancing, Torqing: Racked Rides with Flywheel WeHo [Racked]
· Sweat and Juice with Last Year's Hottest Trainer at Physique 57 [Racked]