Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Things continue to move and shake for LA Fashion Week's upcoming haps. Fresh off the news that LA Fashion Council is moving their fall shows from DTLA over to The Park at The Grove, fellow indie LAFW producer Style Fashion Week is also relocating their presentations from wedding venue fave Vibiana to the massive Downtown entertainment hub LA Live.
Taking place October 13th to 17th, the upgraded event will boast two runways under a 42,000-square-foot tent and a 20,000-square-foot reception area, reports fashion trade pub California Apparel News. In addition, the venue will include a marketplace where buyers and consumers can mingle with the designers themselves and shop the inventory.
· Changes Ahead for LA Fashion Week: New Venues, New Corporate Partners [CAN]
· LA Fashion Council Moves Runway Shows To The Grove [Racked]
· Madisonpark Graces Vibiana With Abs, Litas & Public Pajamas [Racked]
· LA Fashion Council's Kelsi Smith Makes a Plea for LAFW Support [Racked]
· Fashion Folks on LA Fashion Week: Yay, Nay or Prefer Not to Say? [Racked]