Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Stacey Feldman shares a laugh with her ridiculously cute pup, Stella.
- "Just like my home, I left a big wall open at my new store for artists to display their work."
- Where the magic happens.
- Another look.
- "I like to mix jeans with blazers by Band of Outsiders and Barbara Bui on top of white T-shirts or dainty camisoles, like these. I basically have a uniform."
- "I couldn't resist getting these Céline slip-on sneakers in multiple colors."
- The shoe vault.
- "I really love the color pink. Crazy, right?"
- "I've worn these Hermès boots to pieces."
- "These Hermès bags are really big. My kids say, 'Mom, those bags are so gross!'"
- "The bigger the bag, the more crap I put in it, so what I really use the most is this little Louis Vuitton. I also love this Rhonda Ochs bag, which we sell in my stores."
- "My husband is like, 'Another black leather jacket?' But I know the difference between every single one—it's all in the details."
- "I also love good denim, like my all-time favorite DSQUARED2 and R13, both of which you can find in my stores."
- "I love white, gray and cream tees by R13 and Koral. When it comes to tank tops, I only wear James Perse."
- "This is about as wild as I get."
- Stella in all her glory.
"When you see my closet, you're going to make fun of me," says a moody dressed Stacey Feldman (née Todd). "My husband is like, 'Another black leather jacket?' But I know the difference between every single one—it's all in the details." Feldman's classic aesthetic and muted color palette is why effortlessly chic shoppers continue to flock to her Stacey Todd boutique in Studio City, which has been around since 2000. Come tomorrow, West Hollywood tastemakers will get their minimalist fix by way of her new store on 454 North Robertson.
To celebrate the big launch, we toured Feldman's jaw-dropping LA home, where we met her adorable pup named Stella and her incredible closet we're naming Heaven. While her digs may seem filled with repeat items to the untrained eye, take a closer look and you'll see all the distinct deets that the shop owner and fashion lover looks for in a piece. "Just like my stores, my style is simple, easy and comfortable. Personally, I love the new Saint Laurent, it's a mix of feminine and masculine. I also love good denim, like my all-time favorite DSQUARED2 and R13, both of which you can find in my stores. I like to mix jeans with blazers by Band of Outsiders and Barbara Bui on top of white T-shirts or dainty camisoles. I basically have a uniform."
While her personal style is rather singular, home decor is where she gets adventurous. "I spend most of my money on my home," she explains. "We've lived here for 24 years, and I change my surroundings all the time. My stores are a reflection of my house, too." Feldman's hands-on approach to designing both her home and boutique is why Stacey Todd Robertson was crafted sans architect.
Located in a former art gallery, the 1,700-square-foot space features tall ceilings, skylights, black wood floors, lots of moulding a large front courtyard with olive trees and climbing jasmine, and a back garden patio with a fountain and lots of roses. "Much like my Studio City store, I want this to be a hangout spot," Feldman explains. "We've tried to make it very homey, because our customers have become friends. I installed a ten-foot dining table for parties, as well as a claw foot pool table and antique bar."
Inspired by the location's artistic past, the space will also feature rotating galleries to showcase the work of Feldman's many talented friends. "Just like my home, I left a big wall open at my new store for artists to display their work," she adds. "The first exhibit is for photographer Randee St. Nicholas, who's shot everyone from Prince to Whitney Houston." Check it out at Stacey Todd Robertson's grand opening tomorrow from noon to 7pm.
· Stacey Todd [Official Site]
· Chanel, Proenza, Ford: Inside Actress Olga Valentina's Closet [Racked]
· Gucci, Givenchy, Giuseppe: Inside a Star Stylist's Shoe Closet [Racked]