Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
In the summer issue of Los Angeles Confidential, the mag highlights how Elyse Walker's Pacific Palisades boutique offers a Rodeo Drive vibe to West LA's big spenders. A wearer of many hats (she's also an e-shop creative director, Pink Party producer and street art collector), the shop owner's full hands have never stopped her from scoring high-fashion gems by the likes of Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney and Givenchy for loyal clients. Read on for some key takeaways from the piece.
1. Since opening her 800-square-foot flagship in 1999, Walker's store has expanded four times. It is now 6,500 square feet and covers the entire block of Antioch Street.
2. Her boutique is only one of three standalone stores in the US that carry Saint Laurent Paris, which is a big deal considering the French house's crazy demand these days.
3. Walker and her husband swapped their "big, beautiful house" in Palisades for a beachy lifestyle in Venice. "I'm the only girl on a bike in head-to-toe Isabel Marant."
4. The Angeleno plans to spend one week a month in the busy Big Apple to take meetings and network. "New York energizes me and LA mellows me."
5. Following a trunk show with Yigal Azrouël and a shoe signing with Alejandro Ingelmo, Walker's next projects include showcases with The Woods Fine Jewelry and J. Mendel. Also in the works is a collab with her dad that "she's not ready to talk about just yet."
· Elyse Walker [Official Site]
· Elyse Walker Expands Her Pacific Palisades Boutique [LAC]
· Elyse Walker's Closet Takes Wearable Art to the Next Level [Racked]
· Yigal Azrouël at Elyse Walker; LA Fashion Council Showroom [Racked]
· Elyse Walker Unveils Insane Sale, Discounts to Increase Weekly [Racked]