Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Lovers + Friends Woodstock shorts in firework, $102 at Lovers + Friends
- Kill City Stars and Stripes hi wire shorts, $68 at Dolls Kill
- Wildfox American Beach Party cover-up shorts, $68 at
- Naven circle shorts , $86 at Naven
- Current/Elliott boyfriend short with rose gold stars, $208 at Pi
- Hudson Jeans Amber short in red dahlia studded, $165 at Hudson Jeans
- Wren tie-dye soft short, $198 at Wren
Whether you plan to hit up the beach, hang at a pool party, grub at a backyard barbecue or do all three this Fourth of July holiday, bringing a festive pair of shorts is a must for butt-covered fun in the sun. To help you show off your patriotic pride in style, we've rounded up seven pairs of themed shorts crafted by some of LA's top designers.
Check out styles like Lovers + Friends' firework-printed design and Current/Elliott's star-spangled cutoffs above, and match them with a sassy bikini and sweet pair of sandals to complete your look.
· 12 Places to Shop for Chic, Cheap Summer Sandals in LA [Racked]
· A Stylish Comedienne's Guide to Dressing for a Pool Party [Racked]
· From Sweet to Sassy: 20 LA Shops For All Swimwear Vibes [Racked]
· These High-Waisted Shorts Make Beach Vacays Even Better [Racked]