Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Next week, collab-happy skate and surf brand Vans is taking over Huntington Beach and bringing a few top-notch acts along for the ride. The lifestyle label recently unveiled the musical lineup as part of its annual US Open of Surfing, and the free two-day concert is expecting to draw hundreds of thousands of fans to the coast.
Happening Thursday, July 25th and Friday, July 26th, the massive music event wraps up the surf competition with five must-see bands at the House of Vans stage. On the bill for Thursday are newcomers FMLYBND, chillwave act Twin Shadow and electro pop legends The Faint. On Friday, catch singer-songwriter (and HB native) Matt Costa and indie rock headliners Modest Mouse. Into catching surfers, skaters and BMXers shred it up? Check out the full schedule of events here.
· Vans US Open of Surfing [Official Site]
· The Turquoise Sneakers You'll Wear All Summer [Racked]
· Inside Vans' Stylish HQ; Emma Stone's Spring Essentials [Racked]
· Rodarte for Vans; American Apparel Ads Too Sexy for the UK [Racked]
· Crybaby Presents Customized 200 Vans Products for One Party [Racked]