Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Model Sarah Dumont getting prepped by makeup artist Fara Homidi and hair stylist Tuan Anh Tran.
- Vitamin A designer Amahlia Stevens reviewing the direction of the shoot with fashion photographer Diego Uchitel.
- Sarah wearing the Isis Metallic top and Isis Metallic Bottom.
- Sarah working one of Amahlia's favorite looks from the collection, the architecturally inspired Neutra bralette and hipster bottom.
- Bond Girl goes Cali in this python print shirtdress and bustier bikini.
- Getting touched up for the cover-up look.
- The high-waisted Marilyn Tap Short and the surf-inspired Cannes crop top give a nod to '60s Bond Girl silhouettes.
Miami Swim Week officially kicks off tomorrow. Just like last year, a slew of LA designers are set to invade the sizzling city in a major way, including Wildfox, Minimale Animale and L*Space. Another favorite is Vitamin A, who recently invited us to the making of their 2014 swimwear lookbook.
Set at an insane, mid-century modern abode in the Hollywood Hills, designer Amahlia Stevens linked up with photog Diego Uchitel to snap golden-coiffed model Sarah Dumont in a series of skin-bearing looks that salute both cinema and the West Coast. "I like the adventurous and sexy side of a Bond girl melded with the chic effortlessness of a Cali girl," Stevens tells us. "I was also inspired by '60s silhouettes."
· Vitamin A [Official Site]
· Wildfox, Shimmi, Kimye: LA Invades Miami Swim Week [Racked]
· La Brea Summer Block Party; Vitamin A Swim Trunk Show [Racked]