Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- What you see when you step into the massive Urban Outfitters surplus shop. Bonus: there's foosball and a ping-pong table for peeps waiting for indecisive friends in the dressing rooms.
- The women's section offers a massive selection of tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, and accessories at up to 80 percent off original prices.
- Up-cycled Urban Renewal denim shorts for $19.99 (originally $49). You'll also find plenty of solid-hued BDG shorts and leggings for under $19.99.
- Summer-ready dresses by Lucca Couture, Silence & Noise and more for $39.99 and under (originally $58 and up). Plus, there's an entire wall of skirts for under $29.99.
- Sweaters, cardigans and blazers for under $19.99 (some slashed down from $69!)
- In the tops section: basic and graphic tees and tanks from $4.99 to $9.99, plus collared blouses and vests from $19.99 to $29.99.
- Ladies' blouses (think Urban labels like Pins & Needles, Silence & Noise, etc.) for $9.99, marked down from $39 to $59.
- Accessories in the women's department include wallets, bags, hats and jewelry from $4.99 to $19.99.
- These flats will set you back just $9.99 (compared to $34). Also on the racks: lace-up flats and plenty of those Isabel Marant-esque sneakers for $19.99 and under.
- Over in the men's department, basic and printed tees are under $9.99 and collared shirts are $19.99.
- Pantone-approved pants are $9.99 and jeans from the likes of Levi's and Standard Cloth can be scored for under $19.99 (down from $58).
- A selection of the $9.99-and-under graphic tees in the men's department.
- Guys can score Vans, Nikes and more for under $39.99.
- The Urban Outfitters Surplus Store is located at 14608 Ventura Boulevard in Sherman Oaks.
After discovering Urban Outfitters' just- launched surplus store, we couldn't resist taking a trip to the 10,587-square-foot Sherman Oaks space to scout the deals. If you've been holding out on extra half-off sales to jump start your summer wardrobe, wait no more: there are steals to be had here year-round.
The spacious store offers sizable men's and women's sections, and there are deep discounts galore on everything under their vaulted roof, including many online-only items. For the ladies, prices were slashed between 50 to 80% off on UO staples like BDG, Kimchi Blue and Silence & Noise, just to name a few. The shoe department had plenty of those Isabel Marant-esque wedge sneakers and casual flats, all under $19.99. Another sweet find was a chic, black-and-white polka dot blazer for $9.99 (originally $69!)
For the gents, price points were more or less the same. We spotted brands like BDG, WeSC, Levi's and Standard Cloth among others on the racks. There were also Sperry Top-Siders in the house for an easy $39.99 (originally $95).
Click through our gallery for a pricing rundown to plan your method of attack, and check out Urban's online sale section to get an idea of just some of the shop's offerings. Now, don't spend last Friday's paycheck all in one place, ya hear?
· Urban Outfitters [Official Site]
· Urban Outfitters is Expanding to Malibu [Racked]
· Confirmed! Urban Outfitters Taking Over DTLA's Rialto Theatre [Racked]
· Urban Outfitters Opened a Huge Surplus Shop in Sherman Oaks [Racked]