Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Size 8 Badgley Mischkas...
- ...for only $79.
- Lost? Look for the building with the massive Gilt City banner.
- The entrance leads to a room filled with footwear, hosiery, accessories and home items. The door at the far left leads to apparel and kids.
- OMG shooooz!
- Color-blocked Barbara Bui platforms.
- Men's shoes a-plenty.
- Handbag offerings include Rebecca Minkoff and Gustto.
- $15 Napoleon Cosmetics sets and a giveaway.
- The home collection is small but mighty.
- The generously-discounted Cuisnart items are the first to go.
- Balenciaga for less than $200.
- Perfect Miu Miu shrunken moto jacket.
- Almost $2,000 off!
- Dries pricing. (We like that scratched out number more.)
- The line for the community dressing room. Heads up: selfie pics in the dressing room are prohibited.
- The children's clothing rack is located next to the dressing room.
- Cute children's Cavalli dress.
- Is it weird that we want this baby coat for ourselves?
- Especially for that price.
- Men's Michael Kors puffer, $169.
- Zac Posen goodness.
- Posen pricing.
- Vera Wang!
- Vera pricing.
- Adorable Vanessa Bruno shorts in XS.
- Bruno pricing.
- Music and grub keep shoppers happy.
- Coconut water keeps shoppers hydrated.
- Necessary leopard Moschino coat.
- A Valentino stunner.
- Dolce & Gabbana!
- A fitting finale, courtesy of Reem Acra.
The highly-anticipated Gilt City Warehouse Sale starts at 9am today at Siren Studios Orange in Hollywood. We stopped by for a preview last night and can confirm that Gilt wasn't kidding when they said this is their biggest sale to date. It's all pretty overwhelming (especially when starlets like Amy Adams show up to shop—true story!), so read on for some key pointers before you head out.
1. Parking can be tricky. Although there's a small, supervised lot near the building and a few spots on N Orange Dr, those spaces will likely fill up fast, so try scanning nearby Romaine or, even better, get dropped off.
2. Bags and jackets are checked in. Just like last year, it's best to bring a small wallet or clutch to carry your essentials in.
3. The sale is divided into two rooms. Footwear, jewelry, hosiery, accessories and home items are on the first floor; apparel, kids and baby gear are on the second floor, which can be accessed by a ramp on the far left of the main room.
4. Don't sleep on home items. More than a few shoppers told us they regretted not grabbing that $10 KitchenAid food processor when they had the chance.
5. Shoes are plentiful for men and women. For women, the gold Badgley Mishka wedge platforms above turned many heads, as did color-blocked Barbara Bui heels and Jerome Rousseau kicks. No Rag & Bones this time around, sadly. For men, we spotted sporty Goyas and Vans, and dressy Ferragamos.
6. Bags and beauty are limited. There is one (heaping) table of bags, which primarily feature clutches from the likes of Rebecca Minkoff and Gustto. Napoleon Perdis Cosmetics leads the beauty section with $15 sets and a giveaway.
7. Designer apparel is abundant and impressive. Women's is in the second room and features finds from Balenciaga, Maje, Zac Posen, Vanessa Bruno, Miu Miu and many more. Men's on the left offers Michael Kors, Dolce & Gabbana and Simon Spurr. Children's gear (near the dressing rooms on the right and towards the back) is just as enviable. Check the gallery for pricing.
8. Dressing rooms are communal. With that said, wear something that you can easily take off or throw clothes over. To respect half-dressed shoppers, selfie pics in the dressing rooms are not allowed.
9. This sale is credit card-only. It would totally suck if you finally reach the cash wrap only to realize that you forgot your plastic at home, so come prepared. Happy hunting! Fill us in on your findings and note that items will be replenished regularly throughout the sale, which ends at 5pm.
· Gilt City LA [Official Site]
· 9 Tips For Shopping Gilt Groupe's Intense Warehouse Sale [Racked]
· Get Excited: Gilt City's LA Warehouse Sale Returns June 8th [Racked]