From iconic to cult-cool to straight-up wacky, LA is home to a bevy of eyewear brands offering a range of styles. Our latest discovery is Made Eyewear, a new online-only service that allows shoppers to customize standard and prescription frames like never before.
The brains behind the concept is Kevin Hundert, a local cool kid whose family founded and owns worldwide eyewear supplier REM. Capitalizing on the fashion world's current DIY and bespoke focus, Made offers eight pre-designed frames (five unisex; three women's) that can be individualized by mixing and matching colored temples, adding laser engraved patterns or even monogramming.
Styles start at just $84 and will be shipped to your door in just seven to ten days, which is pretty swift for a custom piece. Made also pledges to donate one pair of glasses to charity for every pair sold. Learn more about their philanthropic efforts here and start building here.
· Made Eyewear [Official Site]
· L.A. Eyeworks Salutes LA with Three New Videos [Racked]
· G-Star RAW's New Tailoring Service Is a Perfect Fit for LA [Racked]
· Would You Wear Jeremy Scott's Wild Baroque Sunglasses? [Racked]
· Oliver Peoples Taps Bloggers for Street Style-Inspired Collab [Racked]