Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Simple, clever and totally cool, Gunzler Polmar's wax and stone candles are a one-stop centerpiece. [Photo via Inside Norw
- Tight and organized yet totally expressive, Brook & Lyn's woven tapestries bring a touch of artful hand to your wall (while avoiding me
- At Dwell on Design, there were a lot of cord-control options, but we loved This is Ground's Cord Tacos ($24.99/5-pack) the best. The c
- We can think of a bunch of kids, and young-at-heart adults that Rypen's building-block inspired toy box would be perfect for.
- North Forty Designs' large-scale play spaces for kids encourage open-ended and creative play.
- A+R's creative and well-designed clock reimagines how we tell time. It's also an alarm, so you can finally retire your iPhone from the side of your bed.
- We thought this was rose gold, but regardless, Modfire's new Copper finish fireplace (available on their site next week) is gorgeous and of the moment.
- Marianne Andersen's In Theory Lamp handmade glass and wood lamps glow in a variety of hand-blown colors. [Photo via Inside Norway
- Most thermostats are pretty ugly and hard to program, leading to energy waste. Nest's simple design and self-programming thermostats make saving energy look good.
- Great colors and patterns combine in a beautiful and lush wool blanket by Mandal Veveri. We just need a shop in LA to pick up the collection.
- Koncept's Equo lamps are elegant, simple, super-adjustable and come a great rainbow of colors.
- As a solution to the possibility that sitting for long hours may be bad for our health, Multi-table offers standing and walking desk solutions that avoid looking like they've been t
In case you missed it, Dwell on Design was held at the Los Angeles Convention Center this past weekend. The three-day event featured the newest in home goods and product design—two things Angelenos are clearly big on these days. To celebrate the show's serious eye candy, we've rounded up 12 of our favorite design-object picks for your abode.—Lizz Wasserman
· Dwell on Design [Official Site]
· Nice! Muji's US Flagship Is Opening on Hollywood This Fall [Racked]
· Downtown Modernism's Mid-Century Marketplace Hits DTLA [Racked]