Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Unless you've just joined the internet, you've surely seen this music video for Miley Cyrus' new single, "We Can't Stop." Filled with super-crazy scenes and risqué moves, the vid has already raised tons of eyebrows, proving that the 20-year-old popstar has officially shed her Disney roots. Despite being totally distracted by all the twerking and grill-flashing going on, we managed to catch Cyrus sporting seven sassy styles from local designers.
From a gothic letter necklace by Santa Barbara-raised Jennifer Fisher (above) to a skin-baring one-piece by Venice's Minimale Animale (who also happens to be a Racked Young Guns 2013 contender), read on for our findings.
· Miley Cyrus - "We Can't Stop" [YouTube]
· A Style Tribute to '80s Cult Classic Film, Valley Girl [Racked]
· Luv Aj Gets Color-Happy with Rad Rainbow Baubles [Racked]
· Inside Minimale Animale's Edgy Swimwear Studio in Venice [Racked]
· Meet the 50 Racked Young Guns Semi-Finalists for 2013 [Racked]