After a little over a year, designer resale boutique Buttons & Bows has outgrown its humble brick-and-mortar on Main and is moving on up to a bigger location at 548 S Spring St in the Historic Core. Founders Monique Aquino (a style blogger) and Karen Marley (Bob Marley's daughter) confirmed the news on their blog, adding that they're "so excited to join [their] future neighbors, Rocco DTLA, Haus of Love [and] Sustain Juicery."
From the second B&B hit the scene in April 2012, the consignment shop/vintage boutique hybrid swiftly became an integral part of the DTLA shopping experience, landing on both our Vintage 38 and Indie 38 lists. What's more, Aquino and Marley are also the brains behind Shop Walk DTLA, a retail block party we've coined as our city's mini Fashion's Night Out.
Although an exact opening date has yet to be confirmed, a release reveals that the grand unveiling is planned for later this month. In the meantime, hit up B&B at their original location at 111 W 7th St while it's still around.
· Buttons & Bows [Official Site]
· Buttons & Bows Opening in DTLA April 5: Here's a Preview [Racked]
· The 38 Best Places to Shop for Vintage in Los Angeles [Racked]
· LA's 38 Best Indie Boutiques for Your Local Shopping Fix [Racked]
· DTLA's Mini Fashion's Night Out Returns This Sunday [Racked]