Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- "My wedding was like a fairytale. Jenny Packham gifted my 'Miley' gown, custom designed the corset and was in LA for my fitting. It was such a Carrie Bradshaw moment! We were married in Carpenteria at Villa Sevillano - it's an Italian-style Villa on 22 ac
- "Trying on wedding dresses was really fun for me and it was really hard to narrow it down to just one winner, but when I slipped on the Fawn dress by Vera Wang I knew she was the one. I wanted something that felt classic, but also high fashion since I wor
- “My wedding dress was the first piece of clothing I ever designed; it was a mix of three different kinds of lace, topped off with this incredible vintage pearl pin in back. My favorite part of the day was the fact that I was marrying my soul mate!" —
- "I wanted my wedding look to be nostalgic yet timeless, but most importantly it needed to be 'me.' I wore a Monique Lhuillier dress, a BHLDN veil and custom Jerome C. Rousseau shoes." — Ali Smith, Diane v
- "I was married a year before I became a jewelry designer, which might explain why I'm actually wearing no jewelry except for small earrings! My style has always been very minimalist and I wanted a dress that was simple and bridal. I love the subtle bow de
- "Because we were having an outdoor garden wedding in mid-August, I knew that my dress had to be lightweight and easy to wear. My dress had a mixture of lace and chiffon, which are two of my favorite materials. I went for a romantic, effortless look that w
- "My wedding day was the happiest day of my life, up until the birth of my son. The day was filled with so much love, and so much promise and optimism for the future. You feel like you are floating on a cloud. I wore two dresses, both by Carolina Herrera.
- "I wanted nothing more than to have fun on my wedding day. I was a young bride and wanted a dress that was modern with classic elements and something that made me feel special. The second I put on this dress by Amsale I said, 'I feel like a present!'"
- "I was married in Santa Barbara at the Bacara Resort on August 20th, 2007. My wedding dress was a lace, strapless Vera Wang gown with over 100 buttons lining the back down to the bottom of my train. I never thought I wanted a lace dress but once I tried i
- "I picked out my Lazaro dress before we locked-in the venue. I later thought that it was a mistake because I didn't want to be too formal for the beach wedding we decided on, but the dress ended up being perfect! It really made me feel like a bride and lo
- "I wanted a simple, romantic look that gave a nod to my Filipino-Spanish roots. I paired a fitted Monique Lhuillier Alençon lace dress, which the seamstress deftly cut the back out of, so it was very open and dipped rather low, with a dramatic, cathedral
- "For my big day I wanted a sleek and classic look. Thanks to the talented Soyon An and her team, the dress ended up being the perfect fit. I finished my look with a classic white veil, beaded vintage purse, and champagne Badgley Mischka peep toe heels." &
- "I had such an amazing experience designing my wedding dress, starting with the fabric (duchess satin, of course) down to every drape. To be able to wear my own creation on the happiest day of my life, is something I'll never forget. I felt like Cinderell
What better way to showcase Cali bride style than to reveal what our city's top fashion stars wore on their own big days? Given that bridal vibes can go a variety of ways, we've rounded up a diverse set of designers (Kelly Wearstler, Elena Howell), stylists (Joey Tierney, Simone Harouche), blogstars (Jacey Duprie) and insiders (Melissa Magsaysay) to share how they nailed their unique looks.
· All Weddings Week 2013 Coverage [Racked]