Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Downtown continues to kill it. Another cool happening headed to the area is Downtown Modernism, an outdoor marketplace for mid-century marvels.
Taking place at 2901 Saco Street on Sunday, June 30th from 8am to 2pm, the home decor haven will be hosted by actor, comic and modern collector Andy Dick. (Yup, that Andy Dick.) Check out DM's Facebook page here for a taste of some of the vendors to expect, including Shop Class, Arroyo Artifacts and Amsterdam Modern.
As for logistics, on-site parking is free and entry is $3 for adults and free for kids 12 and under. A percentage of the proceeds will benefit Downtown Dog Rescue, an animal welfare charity.
· Downtown Modernism [Official Site]
· Downtown Modernism [Facebook]
· All Downtown Coverage [Racked]
· Who What Wear Gives Us the Scoop on Their New Home Site [Racked]
· The Top Places in LA for Decor, Furniture and Home Inspiration [Racked]