Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Fresh white exterior, courtesy of the space's last resident, Missoni.
- Your first look inside! Minimal, light, emphasis on bags and accessories.
- Facade boardering Little Santa Monica.
- Close up on that new gold logo.
- Workmen performing final touches while Saint Laurent bigwigs looked on.
- The darker original store further south on Rodeo.
More on Saint Laurent's new look on Rodeo. Turns out, the shop we posted yesterday is actually the French fashion house's temporary store at 469 N Rodeo Drive, which officially opens today. WWD confirms that the sub space will hold Hedi Slimane supporters over while the original location at 326 N Rodeo Drive undergoes renovations.
Enchanted by that shiny, gold logo, we swung by the new spot yesterday to scope the scene. The corner building maintains former occupant Missoni's fresh, white facade, which was a great move by the brand for its standout factor and a nice change from the original Saint Laurent location's dark and moody vibe. As for the goods, we peered through a window and spotted loads of bags, accessories and ready-to-wear from Slimane's witchy spring 2013 range.
A staffer confirms that the space will maintain 326 N Rodeo's same phone number (310-271-4110) and store hours (Mon-Sat 10am-8pm; Sun 12-6pm), so its a seamless swap. Here's to hoping that SLP's Coachella-loving creative director throws a music-infused opening bash down the line.
· How Hedi Slimane Met His Cali Muse at Coachella [Racked]
· Saint Laurent's New Look on Rodeo; Curve Toasts 15 Years [Racked]
· The New Saint Laurent Collection Goes For a Hike in Malibu [Racked]
· Saint Laurent Salutes Cali Grunge at Paris Fashion Week [Racked]
· The Ultimate Slimane on Avenue Montaigne [WWD]