Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Big news for fans of Erin Wasson's hippie wisdom. Per an official release that just hit our inbox, Style Network has announced that the Venice-based model-turned-designer will serve as a mentor on a new reality competition series executive produced by Rihanna called Styled to Rock.
Together with fellow mentor, recording artist Pharrell Williams, the duo will guide "12 up-and-coming designers as they embark on the opportunity of a lifetime—to dress some of the biggest names in entertainment," the network reveals. The series is filmed in Los Angeles and is set to premiere later this year.
If Wasson takes the same straight-up approach to grooming these budding style stars as she does in her interview responses, this show is sure to be a mainstay.
· Styled to Rock [Style Network]
· Erin Wasson Joins Rihanna's 'Styled to Rock' as a Mentor [Variety]
· 6 Pieces of Hippie Wisdom from Model/Actress Erin Wasson [Racked]
· Erin Wasson Loves Being Close to the Ground, Johnny Cash [Racked]
· The Coveteur Explores Erin Wasson's Venice Hippie Haven [Racked]