Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Way before her role as Southern belle Lemon Breeland on Hart of Dixie, Jaime King was an uber successful runway model. She speaks of some of the highlights of her previous career in today's Coveteur profile, and they're totally jealously-inducing. Here, the top five fashion moments mentioned.
1. "Alexander McQueen taught me how to properly drink tea, with milk, sugar and biscuits. We would sit and talk about everything. We were both babies, I was in every show of his since his very first, including Givenchy."
2. "I have fond memories of my first show ever, Tom Ford for Gucci. Naomi in front of me and Kate Moss behind; I was dying!"
3. "Galliano was pure theatre! His shows made me realize just how much I loved acting."
4. "[I did] all of Karl Lagerfeld's shows (at the time he was doing Chloé), including Karl Lagerfeld and CHANEL, too, all in about a week!"
5. "I couldn't part with my gold boots that Calvin Klein gave me eight years ago. I have them in black, too. Francisco Costa made my wedding dress, and I am very sentimental and loyal to Calvin."
· Jaime King [The Coveteur]
· Jaime King Swears by esNAIL, Is Hooked on Rembrandt [Racked]
· Jaime King is Officially Our New LA Shopping Buddy [Racked]