Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Adorable Drew Barrymore with Lucky editor in chief, Brandon Holley.
- More Drew, playing with prints and tousled hair.
- Kelly Osbourne rocking a Karl Lagerfeld bomber and Stella McCartney shoes.
- The Your Voice, Louder Panel: Beauty vloggers Blair and Elle Fowler, Who What Wear's Hilary Kerr, Teen Vogue's Eva Chen and Lucky's John Januzzi.
- Business of Blogging Panel: Next Management's Marc Harpster, Geri Hirsch, Advance Finance Group's Alex Kassan, Emily Schuman and Conde Nast's Raman Kia.
- The Tools You Need to Grow Your Business Panel: Bag Snob's Tina Craig, Fohr Card's James Nord, LinkShare's Scott Allan, Pinterest's Annie Ta and Beso's Elise Loehnen.
- The Creating a Voice of Authority Panel: JustFab's Kimberly Tobman, Kate Spade Saturday's Theresa Canning Zast, Bollare's Alle Fister, Rachel Zoe's Mandana Dayani and Lucky's Gillian Gorman Round.
- Betsey Johnson watching a screening of her new Style Network series, XOX Betsey Johnson, for the first time.
- Betsey's get-up.
- Betsey busted out a champagne toast to bloggers.
Lucky magazine's two-day Fashion and Beauty Blogger Conference (aka Lucky FABB) kicked off with a bang yesterday at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills. Right out of the gate, the first snap-worthy speaker to grace the stage was a lilac-coiffed Kelly Osbourne, who offered refreshingly blunt, profanity-peppered advice to the tech-savvy attendees. This set the tone for the rest of the day, which was filled with crowd-pleasing panels, celebrity appearances and hilariously hyper fashion icons (we're looking at you, Betsey Johnson). View the gallery for some familiar faces and read on for our top 10 quotes from the day.
10. Kelly Osbourne on fashion expression: "So many girls dress up for the wrong reasons these days. You have to do it for yourself or else it's not worth it. If Ke$ha can walk around in a garbage bag and feel amazing, go for it." (For the record, Kelly's "really over" ombre hair and mullet dresses.)
9. Who What Wear's Hilary Kerr on competition: "Comparison is the death of happiness."
8. Cupcake and Cashmere's Emily Schuman on brand partnerships: "Don't say yes to everything. Stay true to your initial vision."
7. Because I'm Addicted's Geri Hirsch on the power of social media: "The real estate of a strong Instagram handle is the same as the real estate of a successful URL."
6. Next Management's Marc Harpster on je nais se quoi: "It starts with an inspired voice. You either have 'it' or you don't."
5. Bag Snob's Tina Craig on authenticity: "Find something your passionate about because if it's not interesting to you, it likely won't be interesting to the reader."
4. Rachel Zoe's Mandana Dayani on divas: "Check your ego at the door. It's so good to listen to people and to take that in and develop your filter."
3. Drew Barrymore on being a working mom: "I don't think you can have it all. Some things fall off the table. You have to make choices."
2. Drew Barrymore on bloggers: "You have the world by the cojones right now."
1. Betsey Johnson on honing your craft: "It's all about love and passion and putting the 'you' into it. Find an empty slot that you can jump in and fill it."
· Lucky FABB Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference [Lucky]
· Lucky Magazine's FABB Conference Returns to LA This April [Racked]
· Cupcakes and Cashmere-Branded Products Coming This Year [Racked]
· Blogstar Geri Hirsch on Her Stellar Capsule for Lovers + Friends [Racked]
· Drew Barrymore Launches Beauty, Wants to Bring Back the '90s [Racked]