Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Christian Louboutin gold spiked studded shoes, $1,500. "Mr. Louboutin gave me these for Christmas. That's all!"
- Gucci croc riding boots, $17,500. "These are perfect for all those moments when I'm horsing around."
- Alexander McQueen shoes, price unknown. "I have an epic selection of original Lee McQueen, including these terribly impractical bugle bead lace-ups."
- Louis Leeman scaled suede slippers, $885. "Louis is one of the hot names in men's shoes and I'm lucky he's my friend! These are amazing."
- Max Kibardin slippers, price unknown. "Max is barefoot but not pregnant. I am constantly stealing his shoes as we are the same size. I think his wife Sabrina is suspicious, but Max's shoes are very me."
- "These are special limited edition Louis Vuitton croco lace-ups made to celebrate the opening of the Champs Elysee flagship. I own number 18 -- a lucky number!"
- "These Costume National silver glitter creepers came straight off the runway and onto my feet. Sample size."
What better way to kick off the last day of Shoe Week 2013 than with a showcase from the king of extravagant fashion? Prior to charming our televisions with his over-the-top, budget-busting ways on Dukes of Melrose, Decades boutique co-owner Cameron Silver was a fixture on the LA fashion circuit, gracing events in zany suits worthy of their own blog.
As expected from the vintage-obsessed globetrotter, Silver also has an OMFG-worthy collection of rare footwear. Here, he gives us the scoop on seven of his prized pieces, from designer-gifted Christian Louboutin gold spiked slippers to straight-off-the-runway Costume National creepers.
· All Shoe Week Coverage [Racked]
· All Dukes of Melrose Recaps [Racked]
· New Blog Highlights the Many Suits of Cameron Silver [Racked]
· Christos Garkinos' Guide to Shopping Men's Shoes Like a Pro [Racked]