Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
As demonstrated by Vanessa Hudgens, Coachella outfit shopping is serious business. While the activity is normally a fun experience for all, an overly-demanding celebrity can quickly turn that moment into a major bummer. Such is the case of AllSaint Robertson's recent encounter with Tara Reid.
According to the New York Post, the American Pie star "was overheard berating employees for refusing to give her a discount" after she pulled the old "I'm famous" card. The debacle ignited when Reid, a VIP client at AllSaints in Europe, was delivered the bad news while she trying on clothes in the store's dressing room. "Tara didn't think it made sense and asked them to check again," NYP adds.
After staff confirmed that there was definitely no dice, the star allegedly threw a screaming fit and was eventually escorted out of by security, sans purchases. Her rep insists that she was not intoxicated. Read on for more of this week's celebrity sightings.
· Ralphs (4754 Commons Way): "Jennifer Lopez leaves Ralph's Market after doing some shopping with her five-year-old twins Max and Emme on Saturday (April 20) in Calabasas." [Just Jared]
· Brentwood Country Mart (2080 Hillhurst Ave): "[Alessandra Ambrosio] was without her two young children by businessman fiancé Jamie Mazur but was joined by a male friend for her trip to the Brentwood store." [Daily Mail]
· Williams-Sonoma (1600 Montana Ave): "Jennifer Garner carries a mixing appliance into Williams-Sonoma while out with her daughter Violet, 7, on Sunday afternoon (April 21) in Brentwood." [Just Jared]
· Vons (11674 Santa Monica Blvd): "Britney Spears is all smiles while stocking up on groceries with her boyfriend David Lucado at Vons on Monday (April 22) in Westlake. " [Just Jared]
· All Hot Spots Coverage [Racked]
· Vanessa Hudgens Cleans Up on Coachella Gear at Planet Blue [Racked]
· Tara Reid's Shopping Spree Cut Short [NY Post]