Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Melissa Magsaysay
- Maryam Nassir Zadeh Hope heel: "Simple, understated and chic. A brown sandal is a must each spring and these are perfect for day and night."
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Diamond D'orsay pump: "I'm obsessed with the two-toned color and the texture of the diamond patterned mesh toe."
- Loeffler Randall Heddie Lucite-heel sandal: "Square-heeled sandals are one of my favorite spring shoe trends. The lucite on these sandals makes them s
- Carven bow heel in gray: "I love an ankle strap and this is a playful, spring-y take on the detail."
- Gianvito Rossi black suede pumps: "The perfect height and a gorgeous, sleek shape."
Fashion and beauty writer Melissa Magsaysay is one of those women who always looks great, and it's maddening. The stylish Magsayay, a veteran of the LA Times, is also the author behind City of Style, a book that explores fashions particular to LA and the city's influence on the industry at large. Her dream spring/summer shoe list features five pitch-perfect heels; shop her picks above.
· Melissa Magsaysay [Official Site]
· Topshop's Shoe Specialist On LA Shoppers and the Best Boots [Racked]
· Shoe Department Battle: Barneys, Bloomies, Neimans, More! [Racked]
· Christos Garkinos' Guide to Shopping Men's Shoes Like a Pro [Racked]