Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Say it isn't so: rumor has it that, following a sweep of lay-offs yesterday, the fate of Kelly Wearstler's clothing line is in question. Although "multiple sources" reveal to The Hollywood Reporter that the LA-based design star's full fashion range will be dropped to focus on basics, her camp says otherwise.
A Wearstler rep tells THR that, although "two designers and six individuals from areas including production and e-commerce" were, indeed, laid off, "the ready-to-wear collection has not been canceled and will continue to be available at the Los Angeles flagship and other specialty retailers. We have simply re-focused the collection and, as a result, we have made the difficult decision to streamline our talented and dedicated design team." Stay tuned for more.
· Fate of Kelly Wearstler's Fashion Line in Question Amid Layoffs [THR]
· 7 Seriously Inspiring Shots from Kelly Wearstler's New Book [Racked]
· Kelly Wearstler's Sample Sale is So Worth Braving the Rain For [Racked]
· Kelly Wearstler, LACMA Toast Spring and Rhapsody on Melrose [Racked]
· Behind the Walls of Kelly Wearstler's Ultramodern Design Studio [Racked]