Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Ugh, Ke$ha. She's wearing Gypsy Junkies bell bottoms.
- Karlie Kloss
- Emma Watson in Maxime Simoens
- A Jenner and a Kardashian.
- Alexis Knapp in a Nicola Finetti dress
- Selena Gomez
- Amanda Seyfried in a Three Floor dress
- Snooki, all cleaned up
- Snookie's shoes
- Greer Grammer
- Greer's bonkers shoes
- Pitch Perfect's Anna Camp in white Herve Leger
- Kerry Washington rocks a Michael Kors mullet.
- Kelley Jakle
- Katie Chang
- Bella Thorne in an Armani suit.
- Claire Julien
- Maddie Hasson
- Pitch Perfect actress Hana Mae Lee and her hat, an oversized, smashed cigarette.
- Rebel Wilson
- Quvenzhane Wallis and her purse
- Brittany Snow
- Bridgit Mendler
- Zoe Saldana in Givenchy
- Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola
- Selena performing her new single.
- Kylie Minogue
- Hayley Williams of Paramore
- Karina Smirnoff
- Melissa McCarthy in a Daniela Kurrle jumpsuit.
- Chloe Moretz donned Louis Vuitton denim.
- Holland Roden
- Jordana Brewster
- Jenni "JWOWW" Farley
If Oscar night is Hollywood's prom, the MTV Movie Awards are like the high school house party right after graduation. All bets are off regarding choice of dress, rules are broken left and right and there are always a few people that show up in costume. This year was no different. Macklemore, who's having the hottest year thus far of his music career, showed up in a bright blue suit topped with a gold-fringed cape; actress Hana Mae Lee wore a hat fashioned in the shape of a stomped-out cigarette butt; and Ke$ha donned see-through lace bell bottoms.
Aside from the oddball getups, there were a few obvious trends. Though dresses still ruled the carpet, separates in the form of a skirt and crop top or a menswear-inspired suit had a strong showing. And white was popular, as were cut-outs. See all the looks, from way bad to pretty perfect, in our gallery above.
· MTV Movie Awards [MTV]
· J Law's Second Dress And More Oscar Night Hits You Didn't See [Racked]
· Oscars 2013: J Law's Big Dress, Jennifer Aniston's Big Rock [Racked]
· Superstars & Polos: Inside the Costume Designers Guild Awards [Racked]
· Grammys 2013: Rihanna Scores in Alaïa, CBS Memo a Joke [Racked]