Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Victoria's Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio kicking it at the Wildfox Coachella house.
- The stylish curator of Harper's Bazaar's brilliant shopBAZAAR pop-up at the Parker Palm Springs.
- Happy paddle boat riders at Merv Griffin's stunning estate for H&M's first-ever Coachella pool party.
- Badminton, anyone?
- Or how about ping-pong? H&M had it all.
- Also in the house at H&M's bash: gourmet treats galore.
- Retail therapy at the Lacoste L!VE party.
- Poolside paradise.
- LA's own Cult Gaia served charming floral crowns to Lacoste partygoers.
- Model/musician Irina Lazareanu at the Nylon x Hugo Boss bash.
- Always a fun time: A Club Called Rhonda at The Saguaro.
- Also at The Saguaro: Revolve's VIP lounge with cabanas hosted by a range of brands, like LA's Lovers + Friends. Here's founder Raissa Gerona.
- A|X Armani Exchange's annual Neon Carnival never disappoints.
- These guys were really excited to be there.
- Rita Ora surprised the crowd with an exclusive performance at the Adidas Originals x Jeremy Scott annual rager.
- Also in the house at Jeremy: 2 Chainz!
- One of Jeremy's many stylish party monsters.
- Sunday's poolside view, courtesy of Guess at The Viceroy.
- Spotted at Guess: a prevention hangover drink that's apparently backed by Gwyneth Paltrow.
Now that you know what all the stylish desert dwellers donned at the first weekend of Coachella 2013, let's take a look inside the fest's best bashes. Given that our hit list was chock-full of seriously cool parties this year, we made a brave attempt to hit as many as humanly possible.
Friday kicked off with a private poolside event hosted by Harper's Bazaar in celebration of the famed fashion rag's ShopBazaar pop-up at the Parker Palm Springs. Guests like Katy Perry, Sophia Bush and Julianne Hough swung by to explore ShopBazaar.com while perusing curated items from LA's own Madison boutique.
At night, Wildfox held a cool-kid party that featured photobooths, pizza and good times overall. Victoria's Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio graced the LA-based brand's Coachella crib earlier in the day, sporting new Wildfox sunnies and swimwear.
Saturday started bright and early with H&M's first-ever Coachella pool party, which was undoubtedly one of the best events of the weekend. Held on Merv Griffin's out-of-control-awesome property, partygoers were treated to tons of activities (paddle boating, badminton, ping-pong), gourmet bites (tacos, churros, sliders) and celeb sightings. Starlet Diane Kruger mentioned to us that she used to shop H&M in her native Germany back in the day. "It was one of the only stores that had everything I wanted to wear," she added before taking in a live performance by the one and only Santigold.
Over at the Lacoste L!VE bash, guests enjoyed retail therapy, spiked popsicles and cute flower crowns by LA's own Cult Gaia. Forever IT girl Alexa Chung spun tunes for partiers like Brad Goreski and AnnaSophia Robb. Additional famous faces were seen at Nylon and Hugo Boss' gathering in La Quinta, which was deejayed by former LA-er Harley Viera Newton, as well as Chelsea Leyland and Irina Lazareanu.
Squeezing in one more Saturday soiree, we hit the Saguaro Hotel for Revolve Clothing's VIP lounge, where we spotted beloved local labels like Naven and Lover + Friends. A Club Called Rhonda offered dancing and debauchery by the pool until it was time to reset up for the night.
The evening commenced with a stop in Thermal for A|X Armani Exchange's highly-anticipated Neon Carnival, where we spotted everyone from Leo DiCaprio to Vanessa Hudgens to Clint Eastwood (yup) taking in both rides and SVEDKA drinks. This was the perfect primer to prepare us for the Adidas Originals x Jeremy Scott annual, ultra-exclusive fete in Palm Springs. After going through a super-strict guest list check, we were shuttled to the main event, which was sprinkled with wild fashion and surprises. Rita Ora emerged later in the night for an impromptu performance, as did the one and only 2 Chainz. Diehards partied until the very wee hours.
Guess capped the weekend with—you guessed it—another poolside party at the Viceroy. While enjoying beats by DJ Nervo, we spotted actor Jesse Metcalfe playfully throw a girl into the pool, which totally caught her off guard. Guests looking to get a head start on detoxing were offered a healthy elixir called Mercy, which is backed by none other than Gwyneth Paltrow and apparently prevents hangovers. This will def come in handy at Coachella, weekend two. See you there.
· All Coachella 2013 Coverage [Racked]
· 14 Seriously Cool Coachella Parties to Hit This Weekend [Racked]
· 13 Super Hot Looks From Coachella's Coolest Parties [Racked]