Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Stacypants Bendet is serious about LA. The ultra-petite, yoga-obsessed designer (seriously, check out this pose) behind Alice + Olivia has just opened a third boutique in our city. Located on Beverly Drive, it's close to fellow newbies Theory and AllSaints.
According to WWD, the new store's facade was fashioned to resemble a dollhouse and the designer's four-year-old daughter Eloise (named after Eloise of the Plaza Hotel) contributed artwork. "She kind of draws very abstractly. She did this amazing blue and peach and lime cool, abstract swirly painting," Bendet said. Next up, the designer reveals, is a store for Melrose.
· Alice + Olivia [Official Site]
· Alice + Olivia Expands on West Coast [WWD]
· Theory Opens on Beverly Drive; THVM Shopping Event; More! [Racked]
· AllSaints' Leathers Get a Swank New Home on Beverly Drive [Racked]
· AllSaints, Alice + Olivia, Theory: Big Moves on Beverly Drive [Racked]
· Alice + Olivia's Stacey Bendet on Dressing Down, Kid's Fashion [Racked]