Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Michelle Williams and Debby Ryan, both head-to-toe in Target. Photo via EmoryStewart/Instagram.
- Michelle Williams' look: cream satin blazer ($49.99), black polka dot bodysuit ($29.99) and navy satin shorts ($29.99). Image via StudyofStyle/Instagram.
- A close-up on her new cut via PopSugarBeauty/Instagram.
- Detail shot of Kate's dress. Photo via PopSugarFashion/Instagram.
- Kate Mara, Michelle Williams and Maggie Gyllenhaal post with Young. Photo via UniqueJohn/Instagram.
- The black star print dress ($89.99) on Maggie. Image via PopSugarFashion/Instagram.
- And a close up of her pixie via GuestofaGuest/Instagram.
- Leigh Lezark in a black lace bodysuit, $29.99 and a one-shoulder red evening dress, $89.99. Photo via masgbo/Instagram.
- Stylist and now designer Kate Young in her own designs. Black polka dot bodysuit, $29.99. Strapless bow dress in black, $59.99.
- Debby Ryan in the strapless bow dress (gem city print), $59.99.
- Maggie and husband Peter Skaarsgard chat. Photo via mallaryanna/Instagram.
- Satin clutches, $19.99. Photo via mandykauf/Instagram.
- Erin Wasson made an appearance. Photo via TargetDoesItAgain/Instagram.
- Kate Mara in the beaded dress in yellow, $59.99. Photo via Masbgo/Instagram.
- Patent leather clutch in black, $29.99
- Kate enjoys a beverage with a namesake twisty straw. Photo via mallaryanna/Instagram.
Kate Young has a number of achievements to her name. She started out in fashion at Vogue; she counts Natalie Portman, Michelle Williams and Jennifer Connolly among her clients; and designers such as Jason Wu, Derek Lam, and Yigal Azrouël ask her to help them with styling. Oh, and last month, she was named the fourth most powerful stylist in Hollywood by the Hollywood Reporter, just below Rachel Zoe. On Sunday, April 14th, Young is following in Zoe's footsteps (sort of) with her first collection.
The line, which she designed with Target, was built upon special-occasion dressing, a natural direction for a woman whose career is focused on red carpet attire. Prices are right in line with Target's other collabs, with clothing running $29.99 to $89.99 and shoes, bags and jewelry priced from $14.99 to $49.99.
Earlier this week, the collection was introduced to press and celebrities in New York with a prom-themed bash. The event was a perfect opportunity to see the collection on real bodies, and so far, standout looks include a yellow beaded dress worn by Kate Mara ($59.99), an ankle-length, one-shoulder red gown modeled by Leigh Lezark ($89.99), a white satin blazer donned by Michelle Williams ($49.99) and a similarly-sweeping printed black-and-white number selected by Maggie Gyllenhaal (also $89.99).
Though we don't expect crazy lines for this one, you might want to get there around opening time if you have your heart set on the dresses. Before you go, check out all pieces via the official lookbook right here.
· Reminder: The Kate Young for Target Collection is Coming Sunday [Racked]
· The Kate Young for Target Lookbook Just Arrived [Racked]