Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The best hat in the house.
- Former The Way We Wore intern, Leah Garvin of Factory LA.
- The Way We Wore's "Sparkle Specialist," Shelly Lyn.
- Redefining the space suit.
- Matching your blazer to your girlfriend's hair is the new black.
- Another well-hatted attendee.
- Prada before Prada.
- Handbag or work of art?
- Dita Von Teese graces the show's first episode.
- The Way We Wore founder, Doris Raymond, rocking Sophie of Saks.
There was no better place to host last night's L.A. Frock Stars premiere bash than the LACMA. Honoring The Way We Wore's exciting new series on the Smithsonian Channel, the museum exhibited a dazzling display of wearable art donned by the famed vintage boutique's most loyal clients.
Wild hats, patterned fur, blinding baubles, color-blasted suits and generally anything showcased on Advanced Style were the top trends of the night. The Way We Wore founder Doris Raymond led the throwback fashion pack by sporting a fantastic patterned number by Sophie of Saks. "I feel so lucky tonight," she told us. "I'm so grateful for this opportunity and can't wait for everyone to see the show. By the way, I love, love, love Racked LA." (Right back at ya, Doris!)
Click through our party gallery for some stylish eye candy and watch the premiere of L.A. Frock Stars tonight at 8pm PT on the Smithsonian Channel.
· L.A. Frock Stars [Smithsonian]
· The Way We Wore [Official Site]
· The Way We Wore Lands a Six-Episode Series on Smithsonian [Racked]