- This temporary arch was erected just for the event.
- The "Hi" sign at the entrance.
- Madonna in the flesh, somehow teleported here from the '80s.
- A popcorn and candy station.
- Fruit, veg.
- Junk food.
- LA merch.
- Gaga and her friend Charlie Chaplin.
- Workout gear.
- Sporting equipment.
- A really good Cher impersonation.
- Councilmember Paul Koretz, flanked by Bullseye, gave remarks.
- The aisles are never going to look this pristine again.
- Beauty products.
- Baby clothes.
Last night, Target staffers, members of the media, local politicos and more celebrated the opening of Target's newest LA CityTarget. Located on the second floor of the Beverly Connection (just above Nordstrom Rack and Marshalls), the 99,000-square-foot store was fully stocked with clothing, electronics, beauty, food, household goods and more for the event, which drew Target's canine mascot Bullseye, Target higher-ups and, despite the fact that it was election day, councilmember Paul Koretz.
The theme of the evening was "A Night at the Movies" and stands had been set up throughout the store offering freshly-popped popcorn, boxes of candy and beverages. Target also hired about 20 celebrity impersonators, who mugged for cameras and strolled about the store (we spotted "Brad Pitt" and "Angelina Jolie" filling up a shopping cart mid-party).
Carmen Moch, the SVP of Target stores in Los Angeles, said that LA was a no-brainer when the company was planning the openings of these smaller-format urban stores. "We've been a part of LA since 1983, so there are a lot of generations that have grown up with us. It's just the loyalty of our guests in Los Angeles. We have about 60 stores in the greater LA area, so to be able to support that many stores I think speaks a lot to our guests and what they truly love. Our product demographic speaks well to Los Angeles. We love the trend, we love great offerings that are available to everybody. So it seemed like a natural when we started looking for locations for CityTarget."
The store soft-opened to the public today and an official opening is planned for this Sunday.
· Target [Official Site]
· Beverly Connection CityTarget Opening in Less Than Two Weeks [Racked]
· Bev Connection CityTarget Looking for a Few Good Salespeople [Racked]
· Villaraigosa And More VIPs Cut the Ribbon at DTLA CityTarget [Racked]