Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Karaoke clubs, eyewear showcases and patriotic pool parties are all in a day's work at The Standard. Always searching for innovative ways to inspire its cool-kid patrons, the popular boutique hotel chain's latest project is a pop-up art shop that's all about botanicals.
Open now through the month of April, Book Stand at The Standard, Hollywood hosts a collection of plant, flower and nature-based art books, films, publications and gifts curated by the concept's founder, Claire Cottrell. The space's layout is reminiscent of "quirky personal libraries of imaginative individuals" and also features a "hanging kokedama garden" installation by Lili Cuzor.
Swing by to get your flower power on Monday through Friday from 4 to 8pm and Saturday through Sunday from 12 to 5pm.
· The Standard [Official Site]
· RVCA Throws a Patriotic Pool Party at The Standard DTLA [Racked]
· Rudy's at The Standard Hollywood is Closed For Business [Racked]
· Get Your Read On at Warby Parker's Standard DTLA Pop-Up [Racked]
· Karaoke Club at The Standard Hollywood; Cult Gaia at COUP! [Racked]