Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- We're feeling Sarah Scott's satin suit and beanie combo.
- The colorblock cutout dress: a partywear essential.
- Leopard and leather trench coat with detachable sleeves? Yes, please.
- A new take on the varsity jacket.
- Streetwear with an edge.
- The satin suit also comes in black.
- Everyone needs a leather circle skirt in their life.
- Camo crewneck sweater action.
- An unexpected moment of glamour.
- B:SCOTT is bringing back the shirt around the waist trend -- in polka dot print, no less.
- Utilitarian vibes.
- Looking to dress up your go-to hoodie? Top it off with dramatic outerwear.
- Catch B:SCOTT designer Brandon Scott on this season's Fashion Star.
This past Saturday, an array of street-chic style stars gathered at Siren Studios to witness the latest SCOTTxSCOTT creations that will soon be inhabiting their closets. The LA-based family-owned apparel company presented two fall 2013 collections—menswear by B:SCOTT and womenswear by Sarah Scott—on one, badass runway.
As a nod to his own self-made success that has led him to an exciting stint on the new season of Fashion Star, B:SCOTT designer Brandon Scott introduced a range "inspired by men who have decided to create their own self worth, rather than depending on corporate America to define it." This theme produced a palette of natural tones with utilitarian styling. Pristine-tailored blazers, relaxed hoodies, dramatic leathers and shirts tied around waists à la the '90s were all hits.
For ladies, Sarah Scott offered edgy, back-to-school looks that nod to the '80s cult classic film, Heathers. Instead of going for the expected "school girl" vibe (cardigans, polo shirts, knee socks), the designer kept things sporty with beanies, varsity jackets, leather motos and crewneck sweaters. Sleek touches included satin suits with dropped collars, minimalist partywear and a fierce trench coat with detachable sleeves. See some favorites in our gallery.
· SCOTTxSCOTT [Official Site]
· B:SCOTT [Official Site]
· Sarah Scott [Official Site]
· Odylyne's LAFW Show Was Fit For An Intergalactic Gypsy [Racked]