Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The snack bar offered Bakers Rack mini cupcakes and Brewcakes' beer infused cupcakes
- The always popular photo booth
- Guests satisfied their sweet tooth at the candy bar
- This candy bracelet display disappeared by the end of the night
- The crowd around the gifting lounge
- Open bar
- One of the many pampering booths featured nail art
- Outdoor stage where Honor Society, Roy English and Sirah and The Summer Set all performed
This past Friday, BOXeight and PROPR threw an impressive fashion bash that had attendees lined up outside the doors of DTLA's BOXeight studio. Complete with a photobooth, nail art station and tarot card readings, the "Never Grow Up" themed soiree drew a packed crowd of models, hipsters and bloggers that would rather count calories at the snack bar than miss out on beer-infused cupcakes.
Various artists emerged from the upstairs VIP area throughout the night to perform short sets on the outside patio. The lineup, which included Honor Society, Roy English, Sirah and The Summer Set, was the only thing that moved the crowd from the heated studio space to the chilly LA air, aside from an occasional smoking break.
When guests weren't dancing in corners or waiting in line for the open bar, they were picking out dresses inside the Lily White and As U Wish sponsored gift lounge. Although Angelenos love to take home swag, nothing disappeared faster than the pizza that sporadically came out in boxes during the evening, proving they like to eat, too.
· BOXeight [Official Site]
· Inside Naven's Super-Sized Spring Runway Extravaganza [Racked]