Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta.
- Close up on the hair and makeup.
- Jennifer Anniston didn't wear black!
- That is one big diamond.
- Halle Berry
- Naomi Watts picked a futuristic silver Armani Prive.
- Charlize Theron in Dior.
- Anne Hathaway in a simple, '90s-feeling Prada gown.
- Side-view of the Prada and a closer look at those serious eyebrows.
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck
- Helen Hunt wore H&M.
- Jennifer Hudson chose shimmery Roberto Cavalli.
- Jennifer Lawrence's stunning, full-skirted Dior Haute Couture.
- Necklaces worn backwards: Is J Law starting a new trend?
- Jane Fonda looking ageless in bright yellow Versace.
- Nicole Kidman
- Melissa McCarthy in David Meister.
- Kristen Stewart in Reem Acra.
- She arrived on crutches.
- Alicia Vikander
- Catherine Zeta-Jones in Zuhair Murad.
- Olivia Munn in red Marchesa.
- Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen.
- Amanda's super-cool Lorraine Schwartz earrings.
- Kerry Washington in coral Miu Miu.
- Zoe Saldana in a spring 2013 look by Parisian designer Alexis Mabille.
- The super-cool bodice.
- Octavia Spencer in her go-to designer, Tadashi Shoji.
- Jenna Dewan
- Reese Witherspoon wore head-to-toe Louis Vuitton selected with the help of her 13-year-old daughter, Ava.
- Reese's glamorous waves.
- Fan Bingbing in fuchsia Marchesa.
- British actress Samantha Barks.
- Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive.
- Major hair.
- Kelly Rowland in Donna Karan Atelier.
- Giuliana Rancic, sporting new dark brown hair, in Rafael Cennamo.
- Maria Menounos in hot pink Romona Keveza.
- Kelly Osbourne in a Tony Ward Couture gown.
- Nancy O'Dell looked like a figure skater, per the usual.
- Kristin Chenoweth in Tony Ward.
- Robin Roberts
- Presenter Louise Roe in Monique Lhuillier.
- Real Housewive Brandi Glanville lets almost all of it hang out.
Aside from Jane Fonda's canary yellow Versace (custom-made, according to her stylist) and Anne Hathaway's light pink Prada (she said the dress was a decision she made mere hours ago), there weren't too many surprises on this year's Oscar red carpet. The closest we came to an Angelina Jolie leg moment was Jennifer Lawrence's choice to wear her necklace draped down the back, rather than the front, of her Dior Haute Couture gown.
That's not to say that the outfits weren't memorable, just that everyone played it pretty safe. Full-skirted and strapless or body-conscious fishtale were the silhouettes of the evening, and pale pastels, shimmery metallics and basic black were popular. Click through our gallery, above, for all the looks.
· Inside the Oscars's Elaborate Infrastructure on Hollywood Blvd. [Curbed]
· Montblanc's Art and Baubles Check Into Beverly Wilshire Hotel [Racked]
· Booze, Blowouts, Gels: Inside Top Oscar Beauty Lounges [Racked]
· Free Trips, Facelifts: This Year's $45K Oscar Swag Bag is Stacked [Racked]