Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- "Double Happiness" by Justin Lee (Singapore), 2006.
- A collection of classy cufflinks.
- "Superimposed Stars" by Jan Christensen (Denmark), 2003.
- "Montblanc Stern" by Pablo Alonso (Spain), 2011.
- Men's adornments from Montblanc's Monograin collection.
- "The River Side" by Shinpei Naito (Japan), 2007.
- Men's watches.
- "Speed Rails" by Jeff Lutonsky (USA), 2007
- "Entropy" by Antonio de Pascale (Italy), 2006.
- More watches for the boys.
- Hollywood display inspired by Montblanc's Grace Kelly collection.
- "White Star" by Philippe Huart (France), 2006.
In addition to boozy beauty lounges to prep stars for the 85th Annual Academy Awards, tons of fancy hotels are also hosting suites showcasing luxe, red carpet-worthy baubles. One of our favorites from last year, Montblanc set up shop at the Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills for a unique art show and collection preview.
Alongside men's timepieces and writing instruments, an array of paintings were on display that featured imaginative interpretations of Montblanc's iconic star symbol by a handful of international artists. Favorites included Singapore-based Justin Lee's "Double Happiness" (pictured above), Denmark-based Jan Christensen's "Superimposed Stars" and Japan-based Shinpei Naito's "The River Side."
· Montblanc [Official Site]
· Montblanc Sparkles with New Grace Kelly Collection [Racked]
· Booze, Blowouts, Gels: Inside Top Oscar Beauty Lounges [Racked]