Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- "@clovercanyon's #fw13 collection, 'Winter Palace,' is inspired by the opulence of Russia." - @courtneyporkolab
- "Beautiful details @clovercanyon" - @alexandani
- "Sensing some baroque vibes @clovercanyon" - @thezoereport
- "Ballerinas-turned-models at @clovercanyon." - @luckymagazine
- "Standout paillettes & prints @clovercanyon" - @thezoereport
- "Get a load of the stone-studded stilettos at @clovercanyon." - @luckymagazine
- "Prints on prints, & lots more leather in an awesome collection from @rachelzoe" - @mbfashionweek
- "Could quite easily wear these looks straight off the runway.. @rachelzoe you always inspire me." - @charlottesaint
- "Look board backstage at @rachelzoe...70s equestrian!" - @thezoereport
- "My three favorite looks from our show today @rachelzoe" - @mandanadayani
- "Miley Cyrus sitting in the front row at the @RachelZoe show." - @jessicamichault
- "One of our fashion favorites @anna_dello_russo post show with @rachelzoe!" - @thezoereport
- "We are SO SO proud of our @rachelzoe on another knockout collection!" - @thezoereport
Los Angeles was most definitely in the house at New York Fashion Week yesterday. Two local design stars—Clover Canyon and Rachel Zoe—presented stellar fall 2013 collections praised by a host of notable attendees.
Clover Canyon's latest range was an homage to the opulence of Russia, featuring sartorial nods to the graphic work of abstract artist Kazimir Malevich and the expressive grace of the Ballets Russes. Models mastered ballerina poses while sporting the DTLA-based label's printspirational, always-colorful array of eclectic ready-to-wear. Standout styles included embellished sweaters with white top collars, paillette tops with busy trousers and show-stopping party dresses.
Over at Rachel Zoe, the Hollywood superstylist/designer unveiled her fierce interpretation of fall to a packed house that included Miley Cyrus, Louise Roe, Coco Rocha and last season's front-rowers, Olivia Palermo and Harley Viera-Newton.
Our sister site Racked National reveals that the collection was inspired by "amazing '70s equestrian girl who gets really tough. She starts her day sexy and sultry and all of a sudden, she's tough and goes dancing." Highlights included leather tops, camel-hued moto vests, long and loose knits and all-over printed suits.
· Clover Canyon Gets Artsy with LA's Alexandra Grant [Racked]
· Harley V-N, BryanBoy: Rachel Zoe's Cool-Kid Front Row [Racked]
· Rodarte's Beautiful, Boho NYFW Braids are Perfect for LA Spring [Racked]