Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Rihanna's killer Alaïa.
- Her look, up close.
- The back of Rihanna's gown
- Chris Brown in Lanvin.
- Kelly Rowland flirts with the dress code in revealing Georges Chakra Couture.
- Now THIS is Grammys fashion. Witness Florence Welch in bonkers, custom head-to-toe Givenchy.
- Adam Levine cleans up in black Lanvin.
- Bey pulled out a total surprise with a super-chic black-and-white Osman by Osman Yousefzada pantsuit.
- J.Lo and her leg in Anthony Vaccarello.
- Pirate is just Johnny Depp's go-to look these days.
- Katy Perry's boobs (barely) wore Gucci, while pal Allison Williams kept it safe in Kaufman Franco.
- Presenter Kat Dennings in Vivienne Westwood.
- Nicole [snooze] Kidman in Vera Wang.
- Solange also wore green.
- Wiz's amazing, eye-bending blazer. No shirt, no problem.
- Maria Menounos showing some thigh in a belted Gomez-Gracia number.
- Kaley Cuoco went casual in leather pants, an Amen blazer and a Stark clutch.
- Drizzy Drake in a navy-and-black tux.
- John Mayer chose velvet.
- Alicia Keys in strappy Alaïa.
- Love a good snake accessory.
- Faith Hill in ladylike black J. Mendel.
- Model Chrissy Teigen in Joy Ciocci with main squeeze John Legend.
- Winner Frank Ocean in a collarless Dior Homme style.
- Adele's retro Valentino recalled a tea cozy, or some other well-intentioned home ec. project.
- Miranda Lambert in Roberto Cavalli.
- Nas in Brioni.
- Natasha Bedingfield's red Emerson by Jackie Fraser-Swan was cut-out all over the place.
- Janelle Monae in an embroidered black tux jacket by Moschino, a Ralph Lauren hat and an Against Nature vest and shirt.
- T Swift in J. Mendel
- Taylor's subtle makeup and braided hair.
- Roberto Cavalli strikes again on Carly Rae Jepsen.
- Carly wore silvery eye makeup to match her dress.
- Wiz in a Tom Ford tux with a three-weeks-out Amber Rose in Donna Karan.
- No idea who this is, what she's wearing.
- Three ways to wear a suit, courtesy Fun!
- Alexa Chung in a pretty, corseted Red Valentino option that only she could pull off.
- Talking head Kelly Osbourne in Paule Ka.
- Nice three-piece, Nelly.
- JT repping Tom Ford for the win.
- E's Giuliana Rancic in nude Carlos Miele.
- Sean Paul.
- Kimbra looking crazy in Aussie designer Jaime Lee Major.
- Ashanti in Tony Ward Couture.
- Model Karlie Kloss in sky blue Michael Kors.
The big topic of conversation at last night's Grammy Awards was that leaked CBS memo concerning attendees' and on-stage talent's attire. Despite the network's best efforts to keep all breasts, butts and "puffy bare skin" near the "genital region" covered up, the red carpet was awash with flesh-baring. There went Katy Perry in a super-sexy in a fitted mint Gucci with a cut-out right at the chestical area; Kelly Rowland's black Georges Chakra Couture was an exercise in strategic fabric placement. This is, after all, the event to which J.Lo wore that notorious cut-down-to-her-crotch Versace dress—as one talking head joked on the red carpet, the modesy memo was probably written with her in mind. Regardless, Lopez once again proved that she didn't care about the censors in a black Anthony Vaccarello with a super-high slit in the thigh.
Still, the surprise of the night wasn't how sexy everyone still looked, it was that the men really stepped up their game. Tux designers name-dropped on the red carpet ranged from Brioni (on Nas, who accessorized his jacket with a diamond-encrusted gold chain) to Tom Ford (on Justin Timberlake and Wiz Kalifa) to Lanvin (Chris Brown, Adam Levine). Above, all of the most notable looks of the night—including style MVP Rihanna, who could do no wrong in gorgeous fire-engine-red Alaïa.
· The Music Industry Does Modesty, Plus 6 Other Highlights From Last Night's Grammy Awards [Racked N'tl]
· Breasts, Butts, and Lapel Pins Banned at the Grammys [Racked Nt'l]
· SAG Awards 2013: What's Black, Navy and Chesty All Over? [Racked]