Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Artists Angela DeCristofaro and Nelly Recchia at Saturday's A Current Affair vintage marketplace.
- Stylist Shirley Kurata.
- Burlesque superstar Dita von Teese and filmmaker Liz Goldwyn.
- Woodbury University fashion professor and Scout booth attendant Gerard Dislaire.
- Arizona-based vintage vendors Robert Black (right) and Doreen Picerne.
- YourDailyGoods' awesome shop owner with costume designer/The End boutique owner Kime Buzzell
- Shopper Nao Katayama.
- A Current Affair founders Richard Wainwright of NEW/FOUND and Joey Grana of Scout boutique.
- Mercy Vintage's Rachel Cubra.
- A fabulous fur-loving shopper at the Bustown Modern booth.
- Rococo Vintage's sweet shopkeepers.
- Floral frocks and more from Rococo Vintage.
- Shopper Molly Lewis.
- Stylist and Violetville Vintage owner Tina Poppy.
- The cutest one-eyed dog at Gotta Get the Goods' booth.
- Merch from Gotta Get the Goods.
- Hometown hero and VFILES host Lisa Katnic styled the event's eye-popping vintage fashion exhibit.
- Colorful winter wear from NEW/FOUND by Richard Wainwright.
- Gorgeous gold accoutrements and more from Marie Monsod.
Did you, too, dream that you were in a magical vintage wonderland, where the wares of Elsa Schiaparelli, Chanel, '60s-era Chloé, Bob Mackie and essentially every legendary fashion house was under one roof? Oh wait, that actually happened. On Saturday, A Current Affair took over the Cooper Building's massive penthouse, where over 40 top-notch vintage vendors peddled a range of standout sartorial options spanning from the Edwardian era to post-WWII to the Swingin' Sixties and yes, right up to the '90s—think everything from wearable everyday staples to glittering Gatsby-era gems to one-of-a-kind sequined statement makers and more.
Featuring a seriously technicolor exhibit styled by hometown hero/Miley pal Lisa Katnic, the epic shopping party also boasted an equally #ootd-inspiring scene of fashionable tastemakers, stylists and vintage enthusiasts (burlesque beauty Dita von Teese and designers Trina Turk and Mara Hoffman were just a few of the familiar faces we spotted). As if scoring an inside scoop of founders Richard Wainwright and Joey Grana's day-to-day wasn't enough, we also whipped out our lens to capture the endless throwback inspo at the ritzy bazaar.
Take a peek of just a few of the standout shoppers who caught our eye and more in the gallery above.
· A Current Affair [Official Site]
· A Day in the Lives of A Current Affair's Vintage Masterminds [Racked]