Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Label-loving bargain hunters, say sayonara to Loehmann's mythical (and totally real) treasure-filled Back Room and not-so-secret Birkin stashes. After several rebranding attempts and declaring bankruptcy twice over the last two decades, the 92-year-old designer discount chain has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy (read: game over) and shutting it all down for good.
As our sister site in Philly reports, the beloved off-price retailer is shuttering its remaining 39 stores, including two locations in LA. No word yet on official closing dates, but expect some major liquidation sales—and one prime Beverly Center space up for grabs—very, very soon.
· Beverly Center: 333 S La Cienega Blvd, (310) 659-0674
· Reseda: 19373 Victory Blvd, (818) 345-7063
· Long Beach: 6274 E Pacific Coast Hwy, (562) 799-3300
· Costa Mesa: 901-M South Coast Dr, (714) 549-2263
· Irvine: 13682 Jamboree Rd, (714) 505-6007
· Laguna Niguel: 27991 Greenfield Dr, (949) 643-1770
· San Diego: 1640 N Camino Del Rio, Suite 1442, (619) 296-7776
· Loehmann's [Official Site]
· Loehmann's Treasure Trove of DVF at Rock-Bottom Prices [Racked]
· Loehmann's Mega Closures; Hello Kitty Roadshow; Gucci Does 3D [Racked]