Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Before Kate Middleton sparked a frenzy with her blue Issa engagement frock, there was Diane von Furstenberg's game-changing jersey wrap dress. Next year marks the 40th anniversary of her iconic design, and the Malibu-loving designer's toasting the massive milestone right here in LA with a retrospective exhibit chronicling the life of her legendary dress.
Titled Journey of a Dress, the exhibition's slated to hold court at the historic May Company building on Wilshire Blvd from January 11th, 2014 to April 1st, 2014. In addition to displaying vintage and contemporary pieces from the designer's collections, the exhibit will also show off portraits of von Furstenberg herself by renowned artists and photographers like Andy Warhol, Chuck Close, Helmut Newton, Annie Liebovitz and plenty more industry legends. Mark your cal!
· Diane von Furstenberg [Official Site]
· When In LA, Diane von Furstenberg Likes Hiking in Malibu [Racked]
· Skin Laundry Fashion Island Opens; DVF Dress Exhibit in LA [Racked]
· Jennifer Meyer on Her LA Hangouts and Greatest DVF Moment [Racked]
· New Photo Exhibit Explores Richard Avedon's Female Subjects [Racked]