Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Rialto's restored marquee in all its glory.
- The night's adorable music provider, DJ Lindsay Luv.
- Blogger Taye Hansberry of Stuff She Likes with her model friend, Nikia Phoenix.
- Mr. Downtown Los Angeles himself, Brigham Yen of DTLA Rising.
- Free beauty touch-ups provided by NYX Cosmetics.
- Los Angeles Councilmember José Huizar joins friends at the party's prop-filled photo booth.
- The night's awesome souvenir: a photo flipbook!
- A Technicolor shopper waiting in line to score her 25% discount.
Now that you've seen what Urban Outfitters' at Rialto Theater looks like when it's calm, check out DTLA's newest treasure trove when it's inhabited by hundreds of ultra-stylish partygoers. We threw a major rager with the retail giant last night, where stoked shoppers explored the space, scored freebies and marveled over the beauty of Rialto's restored marquee.
In addition to providing tons of Instagram-worthy eye candy, the event hooked up free NYX Cosmetics makeovers, music by DJ Lindsay Luv and custom flipbooks. The party ended at 9pm but people stuck around perusing well beyond closing time, thanks to UO's generous 25% discount offer for the night.
Take a peek at the scene below and don't forget to swing by soon!
· Urban Outfitters [Official Site]
· Rialto Relighting with Urban Outfitters and Racked [Racked]
· Photos! Inside Urban Outfitters' Rialto Theater Treasure Trove [Racked]