Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Encased metallic suits seduce 9th Street window-shoppers.
- An Acne pajama-adorned waitstaff of Swedes served partygoers mushroom-shaped meringue and chocolate treats.
- Blue, black, gold, white: a taste of Acne's current color palette.
- Out-of-this-world printed leather.
- Actress Mena Sevari (in Acne) with her boyfriend, LA tattoo artist Salvador Sanchez.
- This eye-catching "Giant Triple Mushroom" installation was designed by Belgian artist Carsten Höller.
- Ankle boots for days.
- A selection of Acne-approved literature.
- More pops of color.
- Rather than bring in a Swedish performer, Acne tapped LA's own Allah-Las to set the mood.
- Perforated aluminum structures offer cool shadow effects.
- A glimpse at the industrial-inspired layout.
- More live music in a back room, where private shopping appointments will be held.
- More covetable gear.
- Acne Studios DTLA is open Monday through Friday from 11am to 7pm, Saturday from 10am to 7pm and Sunday from 12 6pm.
It's a new day! Last night, Acne Studios finally opened the doors to its first West Coast boutique, and it happens to be its largest in the world. Located inside DTLA's historic Eastern Columbia Building at the corner of 9th and Broadway, the 5,000-square-foot flagship is more than just our city's new go-to for cult-favorite fashion—it's an experience.
We stopped by the futuristic space at 855 South Broadway (not 849 South Broadway as previously reported), where stars like Mena Suvari and a grown up Kiernan Shipka marveled over Acne's zany décor. While details like pink terrazzo flooring, blue carpets and perforated aluminum nod to Eastern Columbia's signature Art Deco style, a rad mushroom installation and an in-store cafe by Stockholm's Il Caffè offer classic Acne quirk.
Take a peek at some of the men's and women's ready-to-wear, bags, accessories and footwear stock below, and create an Acne shopping fund as soon as possible.
· Acne Studios [Official Site]
· OMFG: Swedish Brand Acne Sets Sights on Downtown LA [Racked]
· Why Acne Is Opening Its Largest Store Ever in Downtown LA [Racked]
· Whoo! Downtown's Acne Studios is Opening Next Wednesday [Racked]